Hannah E. Nichols
Registered Municipal Clerk
Registrar of Vital Statistics
(856) 785-3100 Ext. 311
Deputy Registrar of Vital Statistics
(856) 785-3100 Ext. 310
Correspondence can be mailed to:
Attn: Municipal Clerk
1768 Main Street
Port Norris, NJ 08349
Fax #: (856) 785-9420
Duties and Requirements of the Municipal Clerk’s Office
- Secretary to the Governing Body
- Creates and Maintains all permanent records
- Registrar of Vital Statistics. Handles all items in reference to Vital Statistic. (Marriage licenses, Death, Marriage and Birth Certificates, maintain vital statistic records, etc…)
- Dog/Cat Registrar. Handles all licensing of cats and dogs for the Township
- Amusement Licensing Official
- Alcoholic Beverage Licensing Official
- Election Official
- Solicitation Official
- Registered Agent with the New Jersey Division of Fish and Game. (Allows the Clerk’s Office to sell hunting, fishing, bow and arrow, trapping, sportsman licenses, etc…)***
- Records Manager
- Maintains personnel files
***Hunting, fishing, bow and arrow, trapping and sportsman licenses are sold at the Clerk’s Office Monday through Friday during office hours.
All dogs and cats in Commercial Township must be licensed with the Township each year. To register your dog(s) or cat(s), you must provide a rabies certification that does not expire during the current year that the license is being issued. If a dog or cat cannot be vaccinated due to medical reasons, a Certificate of Exemption from Rabies Vaccination must be completed by a Veterinarian. See form below or contact the Clerk’s office for more information.
New licenses and/or license renewals are due by March 15th of each year. After March 15th, late fees will apply. Please notify the Clerk’s Office of any deceased dog or cat so the registered animal can be removed from computer system.
January to March 31st
|Dogs- *Spayed/Neutered:||$ 5.70|
|Dogs- Non Spayed/Non Neutered:||$ 8.70|
|Cats- *Spayed/Neutered:||$ 2.50|
|Cats- Non Spayed/Non Neutered:||$ 4.50|
April 1st and on
|Dogs-Non Spayed/Non Neutered:||$13.20|
|Cats-Non Spayed/Non Neutered:||$ 9.00|
*Written proof of spaying or neutering with date procedure was done is needed. Most veterinary offices can provide a copy of your animal’s record with the spayed or neutered date.
Checks and money orders can be made payable to “Commercial Township”. Registration can be done through the mail as long as a self-addressed stamped envelope is included for mailing of tag/paperwork and all proper information is provided.
Vital Statistics Records
The Registrar of Vital Statistics (Municipal Clerk) is responsible for providing many types of certificates and licenses within the Township. Such certificates and licenses are for Birth, Death, Marriage, Civil Union and Domestic Partnership. Since 9/11, the State of New Jersey has put in place numerous regulations and requirements in order for you to obtain a certified copy of a vital record. Proof of relationship in reference to the record you are requesting may be necessary depending on the circumstance. Depending where the birth, marriage, civil union, domestic partnership or death occurred will determine where you need to apply for your vital record. If you wish to obtain a vital record, the following stipulations must be met:
- Fill out Application for a Certification or a Certified Copy of a Vital Record
- Make sure you fill out your current name and address
- Cost of Record: $10.00 for each copy requested. Checks and money orders can be made payable to “Commercial Township”.
- You must include copies of two forms of identification such as :
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Photo Identification
- Medicaid or Medicare
- Voter Registration
- Green card/Immigrant Visa
- Federal or County Id
If you are mailing in your application, proof of identification and payment, please be sure to include a daytime phone number where you can be reached in case there is a question or concern. Mail above to:
Registrar Of Vital Statistics
1768 Main Street
Port Norris, NJ 08349
If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk’s Office at (856) 785-3100 Ext. 310 or 311.
Though it may take longer, you can also request any vital record from the State Registrar’s Office. To contact the State Registrar’s Office please call 1-866-649-8726 (toll free) or (609) 292-4087. For more information you can also log on to: www.nj.gov/health/vital
Please click below for the following applications: